Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby Shower!



   I'm going to be an aunt again!  In just a few short weeks!  And it's a GIRL!  WooHoo!

   Now, to be fair, I already have 2 nieces.  But the thing is: I have 4 nephews (5 if you count the only cousin on my husband's side), and when you add my 3 boys in to the mix that makes 7 boys and 2 girls when we all get together at my mom's,...Whoa!  See where I'm coming from!  Plus I only really get to shop for girls at Christmas and birthdays.  But!   This is my sister's first girl, so I can shop till I drop for this little one because...it's My Sister's Baby Girl!!!!

   Anyway, her baby shower was last weekend and since there was a group of us putting it together, and since I live so far away from where it all took place, I only had to do some of the work; and it turned out I got the fun job of providing door prizes!

   The theme of the shower was cupcakes, so with that in mind I searched the web for ideas.

   After quite a bit of searching I found a cute idea of using shower puffs to make cupcakes.  I'd link to it but I can't find it again! Oh well...moving on...

   I ran out to the dollar store and found the cutest shower puffs that have little piece of colored sponge in them!  Perfect for making it look like sprinkles on the cupcake!
   So with the puffs purchased, I hunted around for a way to make the cupcake liners. Turns out my puffs were too big for all the liner ideas I came across.
   After A LOT of trial and error I ended up enlarging a cupcake liner template so that it printed on two sheets of paper and then cut it out and taped it together to make a template large enough for my shower puffs.
  The template was so large I had to use 12x12 scrapbook paper and could only get 2 liners from each page!

   The little "cherry on top" pieces ended up being an idea that just came to me.  I cut out the pieces with my cricut and used stickers I found at the party store.  The toppers are double sided and the two sides are glued together with a toothpick in the center to hold it in place on top of the "cupcake".

   I didn't get any pictures of the actual shower since I forgot my camera at home.  Everyone else remembered their cameras though, so there are plenty of pictures for my sister.
   The shower was a success!  
   My sister got lot's of little girl clothes and things she really needed after having three boys.  Boys (God bless them!) tend to be pretty rough on things and after three...well stuff ends up needing to be replaced!
   I know that at our house after clothes go through my three boys there's nothing really left of them to hand down any more!  Sometimes things don't even make it past the first one!  But it's not just clothes. Strollers, car seats, bouncers, swings... I'm sure my list would be longer if I sat and thought about it, but this thinking about what baby's need is making me think about snuggling a baby and so now I'm going to go make a blanket for my little niece!
   I just found my Weekend Project!  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment